Latest From iGyan
iGyan is Loading...
Here are some interesting fact about the Indian currency symbol.
- Indian Currency Symbol has been presented publiclly by the goverment of india on 15th july 2010.
- The symbol uses U+20B9 unicode charactar.
- Indian currency symbol was designed by Udaya Kumar.
From recent new now it is possible to download the whatsapp application for your Mac or Windows PC. Earlier PC or mac user have to rely on the bluestak or airdroid application that allows user to use their android device to run whatsapp on the Mac or Windows PC.
From the recent news from the whatsapp blog, Whatapp has introduced a desktop app so you have a new easy way to stay in touch anytime and anywhere.
Whatsapp desktop app is available for only Windows 8+ and Mac OS 10.9+ and that will sync with your mobile device which has whatsapp installed.
To download the whatsapp for Windows or Mac, kindly visit https://www.whatsapp.com/download from your desktop browser. After installing the app, run the app and scan the QR code using the WhatsApp app on your phone.
The user interface is just like the whats app web, Because the app runs natively on your desktop, you'll have support for native desktop notifications, better keyboard shortcuts, and more.
Here is the screenshot of the whatsapp on windows.
Here are some most amazing unknown facts about India from iGyan.Org that will blow your mind and you will be proud of it.
- The name India is derived from Indus River, which originates from the Old Persian word Sindhi.
- India is the seventh largest country by area.
- India is the only country in the world which has both tigers and lions in the wild.
- New Delhi's air is the most polluted in the world.
- Indian Railways is the largest railway network in the world under single management.
- Other than US and Japan, India is the only country to have built a super computer indigenously.
- India is ranked the sixth country in the world in terms of satellite launches.
- The world's first university was established in Takshashila in 700 BC.
- Ayurveda of India is the earliest school of medicine known to the world.
- Four out of 10 Silicon Valley startups are run by Indians.
- India is the world's premier center for diamond cutting and polishing. Nine out of every 10 stones sold in the world pass through India.
- India has the third-largest army in the world, nearly 1.5 million strong.
- India has the world's largest film industry.
- India is the world's biggest producer and consumer of mangoes.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, India ranks third behind the USA and the UK in the number of records claimed each year.
- An Indian man claims he hasn't eaten or drunk for 70 years. After many tests, doctors still don't know how it's possible.
- India has more Mobile phone then toilets
- In West Bengal, India, cows must have a Photo ID Card.
- During World War II , India produced the largest volunteer Army in world history: over 2.5 million men. At least 38 Indians received the Victoria Cross or the George Cross.
- Taj Mahal is one of the world’s most symmetrical structures.
- India has top 4 most polluted cities in the world.
- C. V. Raman is the first Asian and first non-white person to win Science nobel prize.
- Bhanu Athaiya is the first indian who win oscar for best costume design for movie gandhi in 1982.
- The first Indian citizen to have ventured out in space, rakesh sharma was the 138th man in space worldwide.
- ISRO’s expenditure in the last 40 years = Half of NASA’s single year budget.
- India's $74 million(4.5bn rupees) Mars mission cost less than 'Gravity' movie.
- INDIA (ISRO) is the only one country who has reached to the MARS in his FIRST attempt!
- India has the second largest community of software developers, after the U.S.
- India is the largest three-wheeler market in the world.
- About 9 out of 10 diamond stones sold anywhere in the world, pass through India.
- India has the World’s smallest, lightweight fighter aircraft: Tejas
- India has over 275 billion tons of coal reserves, that's the equivalent of 1.37 billion blue whales
- India - Pakistan boundary is called Radcliffe line and India - China Boundary is called MacMahon Line.